1702 Plainfield Road
If you are planning to sponsor a new member, please follow these procedures:
· There are two applications for membership that must be completed and returned to me. One is the International application and the other is unique for our Club. Both printable forms are included in this package below. Also, I will have forms at Club meetings and they will be added to our website soon.
· Applicant and sponsor must complete and sign each form and return them to me.
· Applications must be submitted along with a check for $200 payable to the “Darien Lions Club.” This check covers the $25 Lions International initiation fee, $120 for the annual membership dues, and $55 for the new member’s vest.
· Indicate shirt/vest size above the sponsor signature on the 2nd page of the DLC form and clearly print applicant’s email address in the available space.
· The Lion sponsor must attend the September/January Board Meeting (or special Board Meeting) to present the applicant’s request for membership for Board approval.
· Both the sponsor and applicant must attend an indoctrination meeting that will be held prior to the October/February Induction meetings.
· A prospective member is entitled to one free dinner AFTER his application forms and check have been submitted.
If you have any questions regarding this process, feel free to contact me.
Yours in Lionism,
Membership Director, 2011-12